‘Super Outdoor Spaces’ project update April 2019
We have been overwhelmed with your support, generosity and commitment in response to our outdoor spaces improvement project.
- We were recently awarded £1000 from the AVIVA Community Fund due to your votes and enthusiasm; this has been used to engage an organisation called ‘Groundwork MSSTT’ to move our project to the next stage
- We have received a donation towards an outdoor stage from the Ribchester Amateur Theatrical Society (RATS)
- We have received a donation towards a shed from the Ribchester Allotment and Gardening Society (RAGS) and also a fundraiser BBQ in the near future
- We have received a donation towards a path in the garden area from the Ribchester Parish Council
- We have had a financial pledge from the village Church Street Fund to support us where possible on our creative journey!
- John Morris (based at Bee Mill) will hold a demonstration and creation day at his wooden furniture workshop – for each year group, infants and juniors; based on their designs for signs and wildlife themed art
- The Ribchester WI have pledged to support our next dig days (after the hols) with homemade cakes and refreshments
- The Ribchester Village Bank Holiday Market on the 27th May will be raising money for our project through the bucket collections; there are lots of buckets so we will need some willing helpers. Please text Viki on 07976836359 if you can help us.
- We have now also raised £590 through the website below https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ribchesterprimaryschool
A huge thank you to everyone so far, this is a very exciting journey for the school and the wider village community and there are still many more local groups discussing ways to support us and keep this momentum going.
Please share the crowdfunding website with everyone you know!
Help us improve the garden and playground spaces for our children and for the future of our village school.