School Meals at St Wilfrid's are provided by the Lancashire County Council Catering Team, who work with the school to ensure that children who take school meals have a good selection of nutritious and appealing food. To find out more about the Lancashire School Food Plan, click here.
Menus work on a 3-week rolling programme. The current and preceeding menus are provided below. Click on the links to download.
Free School Meals
All children in Reception and Years 1 and 2 are automatically entitled to free meals as part of the Government’s new Universal Infant Free School Meal. You do not need to apply for this.
For children in Year 3 and above, they could get free school meals if you get:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR)
- Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance (IB-JSA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run on'- the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you receive one of the above benefits that entitle your child to free school meals, you can also register your eligibility with the Council so that the school can benefit from additional funding, called pupil premium. The pupil premium gives schools extra funding to raise the achievement of some pupils.
Find out more and apply on the Lancashire County Council Website.